More doctors are seeing younger patients with breakouts. In our practice we have seen the increase of hormone related issues and earlier onset of menses in young children between the ages of 7-9 years old.
(Infographic: Schweiger Dermatology Group. http://www.schweigerderm.com/)
Grace Gold of Yahoo Health explores how earlier onset adrenal gland awakening and menstruation is leading to increased rates of acne in children as young as 7 years old. The complete report can be found here: https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/7-year-olds-with-breakouts–why-the-face-of-acne-is-getting-younger-200534869.html
Health editor James Gallagher of BBC News website, talks about the latest research regarding Hormone Replacement Therapy drugs and the increased risk of ovarian cancer.
- Women have a one in 50 chance of developing ovarian cancer in their lifetime
- Taking HRT for five years is linked to one extra case of ovarian cancer per 1,000 women
- That takes the expected incidence from 20 women in 1,000 to 21 per 1,000
- One million women in the UK are on HRT
- There are 7,000 cases of ovarian cancer in the UK each year
You can read the complete review here: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31439203